Blood Donation - Canine
Just 1 unit of your dogs blood can save up to 4 lives.
As proud supporters of Pet Blood Bank UK, a not for profit organisation that provides lifesaving blood products to dogs throughout the UK, we are delighted to be a host of 'Blood Donation Sessions' with our first ever 'Blood Donation Session' in associaton with Pet Blood Bank UK taking place at Pride Veterinary Centre on the 10th September 2016.
To qualify as a canine blood donor a dog must fit the following criteria:
- Be aged between 1 and 8 years old
- Weigh over 25kgs
- Be in good general health
- Be up-to-date with vaccination
- Not be taking certain medications
- Have no history of heart murmurs, seizures or fainting episodes
- Have no history of travel abroad
- Have not received a blood transfusion
- Have a good temperament
All of the dogs who donate received:
- A full physical health check
- Blood screening
- Blood typing
- Free microchip (if the dog doesn’t already have one)
- A goodie bag
- A meal after donating blood
If you are interested in registering your dog as a canine blood donor and taking part in one of our future 'Blood Donation Sessions' please ask at reception for a registration form.